Hot Honey Garlic Sweet Potato Bake
Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 5 medium sweet potatoes
- 5 cloves garlic. sliced thin
- 2 jalapeno peppers, sliced thin and seeds removed
- ¼ cup honey
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 chives chopped, to top
- Spray a small baking dish with nonstick spray. Set aside.
- Using a mandolin, thinly slice the sweet potatoes into rounds. Arrange the potato slices vertically in the prepared baking dish. Microwave the sweet potatoes for 10 minutes to soften the sweet potatoes and reduce the overall baking time.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 425°F
- Place a sliver of garlic between every few slices of sweet potato, reserving about a clove’s worth for later. Do the same with the jalapeno slices, reserving about a quarter of them for later. For less heat, use less jalapeno slices.
- Roughly chop the remaining garlic and jalapeno. Place them in a small bowl with the honey and unsalted butter. Cover loosely and microwave for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until the butter is fully melted and the mixture is well-combined. Mix in the apple cider vinegar and season lightly with salt and pepper.
- Brush the sweet potatoes liberally with the honey-butter mixture. Once glistening, sprinkle with additional salt and pepper, and transfer the sweet potatoes to the oven. Bake until lightly crisped around the edges, about 30-35 minutes.
- Drizzle lightly with additional honey butter if the sweet potatoes have dried out. Top with chopped chives and serve warm.