Yield: Serves 4
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 4 tomatoes
- 1 tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2/3 c. shredded Mexican cheese
- 1/2 c. shredded iceberg lettuce
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat oil. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Add ground beef and taco seasoning, breaking up the meat with a wooden spoon. Season with salt and pepper, and cook until the beef is no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Drain fat and set aside.
- Flip tomatoes so they are stem-side down. Cut the tomatoes into six wedges, being careful to not cut completely through the tomato. Carefully spread open the wedges.
- Divide taco meat evenly among the tomatoes, then top each with cheese, lettuce, and sour cream. Serve.