Sweet Potato Apple Butter Casserole
Yield: 8 servings
- 3/4 cup apple butter
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup honey (2 oz)
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped (optional)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- Place potatoes in medium saucepan; add about 1 inch of water.
- Cover and cook 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain very well.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray 1 1/2-quart casserole with cooking spray.
- Mix apple butter, eggs, cream, honey, and 1/4 cup melted butter. Add potatoes and beat by hand or with electric mixer until mashed and well mixed. Spoon into casserole.
- Mix brown sugar, pecans, and remaining butter in small bowl. Sprinkle over potatoes. Bake 20-30 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
Original recipe can be found here: Sweet Potato Apple Butter Casserole