Pan-Glazed Chicken with Kale and Basil
Yield: 4 servings
- 4 (4 oz.) chicken breasts, skinned and boned
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground pepper
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2-3 cups chopped fresh kale
- 2 tbsp. chopped fresh basil
- 1 tbsp. crumbled goat cheese (optional)
Sprinkle both sides of chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large nonstick or iron skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Turn chicken and cook 6 minutes or until chicken is done. Stir in vinegar, honey, and kale and cook just until kale is wilted. Remove from heat, sprinkle with goat cheese and basil just before serving.
THE SKINNY: 216 calories, 14g carbs, 25g protein, 6g fat, 1g sat fat, 460mg sodium, 1g fiber, 130% DV vitamin A, 87% DV vitamin C, and 8% DV calcium, 7% DV iron.