Sausage-Spinach Rice Bowl
Serves 3 (serving size: 1 cup)
Total time: 10 Minutes
- 1 (8.8-ounce) pouch precooked brown rice (such as Uncle Ben's)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces Italian sausage
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1 ounce Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese, shaved (about 1/4 cup)
1. Heat rice according to directions.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add sausage and pepper; cook 4 minutes or until sausage is browned, stirring to crumble. Add garlic; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Add spinach; cook 30 seconds or until spinach begins to wilt, tossing constantly. Stir in rice; cook 1 minute or until heated. Sprinkle with cheese.